I’m sure you’ve wanted to create a bootable disk or bootable USB at least once for various reasons. You should know that this method is not at all complicated, in fact is easier than you may think. Yes, I know it sound too geek but if you follow the steps from this tutorial, you can do it yourself even if you’re not a pc guru at all.
First step is to download the ISO Image (the disk image with Windows 7 or Windows 8 – your flavor). Next logical step is to install a cd/dvd burning software, personally I use the free tool called IMGBurn, which is more than I need. Well, the hard part has just been passed 🙂
I will assume that you already have the ISO file (image file for Windows).
1. First step is to download the tool provided by Microsoft on their webpage called Windows 7/USB/DVD Download Tool. This tool works very well even for Windows 8, don’t be fooled by it’s name. It’s intended to work with all their software.
2. Select the input files in order to create a bootable USB. Simply choose the ISO that you already have.
3. Device selection. On this step you should select the destination for your new bootable device (Bootable USB, Bootable CD/DVD).
4. Choose the USB port. First you need to connect the USB to your computer. Also, please make sure that your device is big enough to avoid making all the steps again with other USB Device.
5. Wait until the process finish. This software will format the USB drive first in order to make it bootable. When this process is finished, it will start to copy files on the device. Depending on your computer and USB port speed it may take between 10 to 30 minutes.